If you’re holding your own fireworks display in your garden over the weekend, we’ve got some top tips to keep you safe.
- Keep fireworks in a closed metal box and take them out to use on at a time
- Follow the manufacturers instructions on each firework – read them by torchlight
- Light fireworks at arm’s length using a safety firework lighter.
- NEVER go back to a lit firework
- Always wear gloves when handing sparklers – hold at arm’s length
- Once finished with a sparkler, place in a bucket of water
- In case of an emergency keep buckets of water or the garden hose nearby
- If you are struck by a firework or spark, remember the STOP, DROP & ROLL procedure and immediately drop to the ground
Be safe – and have a great time!